March 2018

Happy RDN Day!

It’s national Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day! We are celebrating RDN’s today (and every day), as they work hard to help us make healthier choices with food. If you are wondering what in the world an RDN does, look no further than today’s blog post. Today we are featuring Deanna, who is a practicing RDN and No Cow fan.

Hi there! Happy Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day! My name is Deanna and I’m a RDN with a passion for inspiring others to achieve their own health and physical fitness goals while living a lifestyle full of balance and self-love, not deprivation or perfection. I achieved my Masters of Science Degree in Clinical Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Pittsburgh. I’m the co-owner of Healthy Body Nutrition Coaching, a health and fitness blogger at, and have been working in corporate wellness as my full time gig.

I used to be confused by the diet industry and have made many mistakes along the way in my fitness and health journey. I would try new diet trends and put rules on my eating, all while being a dietitian myself! Eventually, through strength training, body positivity, and understanding the nutrients that work well for my body, I have been able to build my confidence and gain peace in my food choices.

I don’t put a label on my nutrition habits and encourage my clients to do the same. I eat a diet focused on whole, plant-based foods 90% of the time but also eat pizza, cookies, or anything I am craving the other 10%! No Cow bars are my absolute favorite as they fit into that 90% area while tasting like the 10%. One aspect of No Cow that I really appreciate is that their products contain only 1g of sugar. Sugar can be hidden in every day products such as cereal, bread, energy drinks, to even salad dressings. I believe everything in moderation and try to focus on foods that make me feel good. Typically foods with high sugar cause me to feel cravings, low energy, and never fully satisfied. Sugar has also been linked to chronic inflammation, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers.

When I am not working or meeting with clients, I love lifting weights, hiking, traveling, and exploring the food scene wherever I am. I have completed all the fitness goals I have put my mind to: running a full marathon, placing top 3 in an NPC bikini competition, and completing a triathlon in open water!

I’m so glad to have the opportunity to share my thoughts on nutrition with you and hope you try some of my favorite No Cow products to help you live a life feeling your best! Feel free to follow me on Instagram for more healthy inspiration, and feel to reach out at any time!







Previous Post