Today we have a simple yoga flow from Yoga teacher Susie Frank (@susievanessayoga)! Try this once a week to improve general flexibility and mobility! Get your day started off with 5 different parts to help open your spine, shoulders and hips. Swipe through each video below to view the 5 different yoga sequences. The description of each flow is written below and separated by the video slide corresponding to Susie's Instagram post.
- Simple Fold with hands laced up behind back and folding forward to crown of the head to stretch shoulders.
- Followed by CAT/ COW stretches—
- Transition to down dog
- Shift back and forth between down dog and up-dog
- Pause in up-dog and lift each leg 2 times and squeeze butt
- Pull knees to chest in down dog and gaze back at feet for shoulder opening
Start in a 3 legged dog with right leg high and then shift towards plank pulling knee to nose
- Repeat 2 -3 times then lift leg and flip dog landing toe behind and lifting an arm.
- Pull leg back up and bring knee to nose again.
- Switch sides.
- Tip Toe to the top of mat
- Lace hands behind back and fold in
- Return to down dog and lift right leg stepping foot forward and setting up a high lunge
- Shift onto right leg and fold over into standing split
- Step foot back and bring left knee to the floor and
- Start to twist to the right stretching the left hip flexor.,
- Optional choice of bending back leg
- Shift back up and straighten both legs and optional choice of moving into splits or modified splits
- This is the back-bending sequence working now and chin/ chest/knee pose
- This is the hip mobility sequence. Do all or some of these moves.