Staff Accountant - Full Time
Who We Are:
Founded in 2015 by then 18-year-old Daniel “D” Katz, No Cow is rooted in entrepreneurship. Our mission is to provide the fuel to get after your fitness goals without the dairy and sugar that slows you down. No Cow Protein Bars and Energy Bars are dairy free, soy free, gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, high in plant-based protein, and contain only 1g of sugar – there’s nothing else like them. We’re growing fast and looking for people who have passion for our mission, are nimble, can challenge the norm, but most importantly, want to enjoy the journey!
Ready to get after it? Come join our team in Denver, CO!
What Would You Say You Do Here?
Assist with the daily operations of our accounting & finance department. This individual will support the Controller and involve a mix of month-end close functions, technical analysis, and data entry. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded, while being detail oriented and capable of helping create processes for a fast growing company.
Specifically, we need someone who can:
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable process, including customer follow up, tracking aging reports, and setting up timely payments to vendors
- Assist with 1099 year-end filing
- Ensure accuracy of sales tax charged to customers and assist in regular sales tax filings
- Assist with month-end reconciliations and journal entries, including but not limited to; fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accruals, corporate credit cards, bank accounts
- Research and respond to various accounting requests by digging into the details and problem solving
- It’s an incredible time to be at No Cow, with rapid distribution expansion, new product innovation, and a growing team!
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in accounting or finance preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Trade spend management experience in the Food industry is a plus
- Obsessive attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet and establish deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment to our cultural values: Nimble, Willing to Challenge the Norm, Act Like an Owner, Transparent and Authentic
- Passion for our mission and can live the brand
Perks & Benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Market-leading bonus program
- Equity – every member of our team is an owner of No Cow
- High quality health, dental, and vision insurance programs
- 401k availability
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation
Do you fit this description? We’d love to chat! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you want to join No Cow. Please put in the subject line “Staff Accountant”.