Photo Credit: Kaila Proulx
These no-bake Chocolate Almond Protein Cookies are the bomb. Not only do they taste amazing, but they're also vegan, gluten-free, low sugar, and infused with No Cow's chocolate plant-based protein powder for added protein! They are a perfect option for when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, but don't want to commit to all the extra added sugars in other desserts.
- 3 dates + 1/4 cup of warm water (soaked for at least 10 minutes)
- 1 scoop of No Cow Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- dry roasted unsalted almonds, for topping
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate and set aside
- In a food processor, combine dates (with water), protein powder, almond butter and cocoa. Blend until fully combined and the mixture has a crumbly texture.
- Place mixture into a bowl and stir in applesauce and coconut flour. Mix until the dough is thick.
- Divide the dough in half and then into fourths. You should have 8 small sections.
- Next, use your hands to roll each section into a ball and then press down onto prepared plate to form a small, flat cookie. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place an almond in the center of each cookie. Store in the fridge!
Photo Credit: Kaila Proulx
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: KAIla proulx
Kaila is the digital creator and healthy recipe developer behind Healthy Helper, a healthy living blog that she founded over 11 years ago. She is an avid distance runner, world traveler, and lover of all thing wellness. She's also a certified personal trainer and nutrition coach. Kaila works full time in the digital marketing field and is currently in grad school pursuing her Masters of Science in Cybersecurity. When she's not making fun, healthy treats in the kitchen, you can find her running, hiking, playing with her dog, or generally enjoying the great outdoors. Follow her Instagram and blog for more recipes and healthy living inspiration!
Please give a warm welcome to the newest member of the No Cow family: Protein Powders. Available in Vanilla and Chocolate. Mix it in to your post-workout smoothie or add it to a low-sugar baking recipe. Plant-based, clean ingredients, amazing taste, unmatched texture. Expect anything different?
Come to think of it, this product is different. All other powder canisters are made of plastic, and are only partially recyclable. That also means they're still partially harmful on the environment.
ALUMINUM: INFINITELY RECYCLABLE
An estimated 75% of all aluminum ever produced in the US is still in use today. On the other hand, only about 9% of all plastics ever made have been recycled. Our revolutionary aluminum canister design makes it the only 100% recyclable protein powder in the market. Scoop and all. Making steps towards a more sustainable future.
Interested? Shop our vegan protein powders below: